Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Blogaway - Now supports Video upload

We are happy to announce that Blogaway now supports Video upload option with your blog posts. So, finally we got it working.

From the create post screen, you just have to say, Add Video. Select a video from your gallery, write a short post, and click on Publish from the menu. That's it.

However, there are some pre-requisites to be able to post blogs with pictures/videos. For picture uploading, you need to activate you Picasa account, and similarly, for uploading videos, you need to activate your Youtube account. Else you will get an error "Not found", as many people have been reporting. And also, right now, while creating a post, there is a limitation to what all you can attach to your post.

You can definitely attach any number of links as you want. But for pictures and videos, you can attach only a single picture or a single video. We are trying to get a solution for multiple pictures/video upload, but till then this the limitation for our application.

Hope you enjoy using Blogaway.

13 comments:

Duck Hunter said...

thanks for your continued work on this! I just downloaded it last night and will be giving it a go in the next few days.

Looks like an easy to use interface for blogging. THANKS!

Unknown said...

Thanks,

Do let me know if you run into issues, since video upload option is pretty new. Though I have tested it out thoroughly, it might still give you problems.

Matt Suderman said...

How do we activate the youtube account?

Unknown said...

Hi Matt,

Go to www.youtube.com

Login with the same credentials that you have used for blogger.com. By doing this, your youtube account will be activated. You have to do this only once.

In case you still have trouble, drop me a mail, or also you can write a comment on this issue.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

I was not able to publish my video.
I can login to youtube with my google/blogspot account but I see the "Invalid credentials" message if I try to upload message with a video.
I also added my blog blogspot to youtube Account/Blog-Setup
http://www.youtube.com/account#blog/blogs

Any ideas ?

Unknown said...

Hi,
While configuring your account, you need to give the username only, and not with "@gmail.com". Please try to delete this account and add it again with only the username.

If you still have problems, let us know.

Anonymous said...

Yep, thanks it works, but i have to unsinstall blogaway and install it again to enter stup information again, probably it worth to add some logic to use correct login for youtube (by stripping out everything after @)

plus it's not really easy to read your feed/blog (which is registred in your account) - I can't add it into "Read Blogs"/"Add Feed" - it says it already exists and I have to open it from "Manage Accounts"

Unknown said...

Hi Achorniy,

Thanks for your feedback. We will be re-working on the UI with the next update, and will definitely try to improve the usability.

PJPF said...

Hi,

I've just donwloaded your program and it's great.

I'd like to know if there's a way to pull RSS feeds of favorite blogs directly from Google Reader because I couldn't find it.

Thanks for the App!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Palfrei,

Currently you cannot do that. But we are constantly trying to include new features. It will take some time, but keep an eye on the next updates. :)

amber said...

I activated my you tube account and I am still gettiing an invalid credentials error when I try to upload video. Any suggestions?

Unknown said...

Hi Amber,

This should normally work. Please make sure that you used the same login credentials which you used for blogger.com

If possible, please send us a error log. Here is a link where you can find how to send a log.

http://blog-and-away.blogspot.com/2010/03/blogaway-update-37-problems.html

Anonymous said...

Just downloaded the blogaway along with wordpress, once the program opens, I assume that you will have to add an account.

But there is no indication what user/password one needs to enter to log in to add an account, nor does it ask you if you want to add a new account.

I am uninstalling it now and reinstalling it to see if it was just an error when downloading.

Please indicate how to log in????